My blog – SHADOW DANCING WITH MINDshares the TOP space in spiritual field amongst the blog of respected Sadhguru of ISHA Foundation’s as well as with some of the most popular spiritual blogs from across the world.
My blog has been selected by respected aggregator FeedSpot. Here is what they say…
This is the most comprehensive list of best Spiritual blogs on the internet and I’m honoured to have you as part of this!
The Best Spiritual blogs from thousands of top Spiritual blogs in our index using search and social metrics.
These blogs are ranked based on following criteria
Google reputation and Google search ranking
Influence and popularity on Facebook, twitter and other social media sites
My Talk on Story Mirror Creativity Workshop III – Apparao Galleries, Chennai
The agenda of my talk was to get the aspiring author to understand what goes on behind making a best seller and how a budding writer can work on the ideas to get to the top. The agenda of my workshop was…
First things first , to make your book a best seller, the content is the king. Write a great story with beautiful language, flesh your characters with interesting matter and thoughts, you have a winner at your hands.
Second, as I keep repeating in my talks the powerful words of Milan Kundera, “Any work of art has to have a purpose of its Existence”. Your book has to have a purpose to suastain interest in the long term.
And finally the 3rd basic thing is to “Write the Damn Book” as Naresh Fernandes advised me some years back when I was looking for the way to publish my first book, “Songs of the Mist”. This is what the enthusiastic budding authors forget to do and waste precious amount of time in contemplating, thinking and finding the right / any publisher to publish the book.
Find your champions: The best and the most powerful advise that I can give, in terms of marketing your book, is to find your champions, usually they consist of your friends, relatives and colleagues.
Create your champions: And equally powerful advise you should thing about , in the process of becoming a best seller, is to help others become a best seller. This way you will create your own champions.
Keep the buzz going
Find New angles, Promote in new ways, Launch in new places
Workshops, Book Clubs, Training
Create a platform to share your thoughts, ideas and reach out to your readers
Write something that other’s can find use for e.g my post on Hindu Lit For Life is used as archive for the official Hindu Festival Page. Click here and click on the “Archive Blog” tab. Below is the case for IndiBlogger’s BNLF Curtain Raiser, which was used in their portal for their mega blogging event last year, Oct-Nov.
In the end, here are some key points that you need not only to keep in mind but also actively pursue. Sharing also some of the pictures from the Story Mirror Creativity Workshop III. If you would like to attend the upcoming 4th Creativity Workshop, please register here…
1. Advertisements on FB, Twitter and most of the social media’s do give ROI. Personal Emails do, personal interaction do. SO create an email List
2. Keep the interaction going on, help before asking for help
3. Celebrity Endorsements, High Value Influencers, High Profile Publisher’s don’t work in terms of ROI
4. Book Readers, Review Bloggers, Book reading communities work. Get on to them
5. The best turn around is your own website, blog or group is. So create each one of them and invest your time and effort on it.
6. Write the next book, get your book translated, publish Kindle versions of supplementary books
7. Create workshops, help in learning curve of your readers, provide value of your interaction
8. Solve a problem, provide support without any need of reciprocation, become an expert in your niche area
9. Focus on your area of expertise
10. Get one blurb that counts, Get an introduction by some one of authority or expert in your area, ask for their help in spreading the word.
11. Utilise Amazon’s marketing tools
12. Finally, get your champions together, which will come from your family, friends and network. TO ATTEND THE NEXT WORKSHOP ON 17TH DEC @ APPARAO GALLERIES – CHENNAI, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND CHECK THE ‘GOING‘ TAB
Over a period of some years, I have been writing reviews of new authors at my blog which has more than Half Million hitsand read by 700+ readers every day. Initially I reviewed most of my friend’s book but now I would like to do so more comprehensively, in order to help new authors to reach out to their target audience.
Hence I started a regular feature at my blog “Shadow Dancing With Mind“, displayed at the top right corner of my blog as SPOT LIGHT to promote new authors and help them to reach their target audience.
It is for FREE but I intend to be very selective about the books I going to feature in the SPOTLIGHT and give an honest review, as and when I do it.
THE SELECTION PROCESS FOR SPOTLIGHT:
If you fulfil the following requirements, please send me an email (you can find it here) to take the process forward…
1) SYNOPSIS: Should be enough to interest me to write review about it. 2) AVAILABILITY: I will review only if it’s available online, in hard copy format, as I would like to buy it to read. If it is available only on Kindle / Online versions, I will not review as I don’t like reading books on computer screen. 3) GENRE: Spirituality, Psychology, Non-Fiction, Intense Action thrillers, Self Help, Poetry, Historic, Romance, Young Adult, and comic books and in the same order. 4) EDITED: I will only review books that are edited by some one other than the author, author’s friend, relatives and colleagues (in case some one has gone ahead with a friend, relative or colleague as he/she is a great editor, then I need to know if it was a paid service. (This unconventional requirement is only because I would like to save my self from the trauma of reading a book full of grammatical errors / typos / bad english)
If you fulfil the above criteria, please send me an Email (you can find it here) with subject heading as “FOR SPOT LIGHT – (Book Name / Genre / Author’s Name)“.
PLEASE NOTE: The email should contain… 1) Synopsis 2) Brief Biodata and Picture of the author 3) Link to the book availability at Amazon or Flipkart (These are the only two places I would like to buy the book from), book’s blurb and cover Image. 4) Editor’s email ID to connect with him or her to know more about the book, what caught his / her attention in the book. I know it is unconventional but will save me a lot of time in selecting a book to feature in SPOTLIGHT
Once your book is selected, I will send a questionnaire to be answered by you about your book. There after, I will give you the date when it will be published, for you to read the review in SPOTLIGHT and share the link to your friends and at your social media platforms.
The 3 Part Book Series, follow the life of a mysterious Monk and a young heart broken boy in Himalaya, who is on the path of self discovery. The first book "Songs of the Mist" has been published in Dec, 2015 to wide critical acclaim.